Desktop Version 126.96.36.1999
- Fixes a bug causing a crash on windows server 2008
- Fixed a bug causing temporary files to be moved to the device's trashcan
- Use correct utc offset for the modified date when downloading files.
- Use less memory when uploading by persisting large upload queues to disk.
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing incorrect excludes on windows
Desktop version 188.8.131.520
- Fixed an issue with bandwith limits during upload
Desktop version 184.108.40.2067
- Fixed auto installer bug for non-ascii usernames on windows
Desktop version 220.127.116.115
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when scanning very active folders
- Fixed a bug causing a broken state when pausing the client at an inopportune moment
- Fixed a few translations
- Reduced the minimum size of the main ui to accomodate smaller screens
- Improved rate controll for uploads
- Increased bandwith-slider scale
- Fixed a bug where upload errors would not always display in the ui
- Fixed a bug where conflicted sync files with certain characteres in the filename would cause sync to stop
- Adds a delayed login with browser option on the first page of the setupwizard
- Setupwizard is no longer modal on osx
- Prevent device sleep if uploading or downloading
- Initial sync download starts quicker for large sync folders
- Delayed processing of filesystem events
- Fixed a bug causing sync errors to not dissappear from the tray menu when resolved
- Fixed a memory leak when uploading
- Fixed a crash
- Fixed a bug where the client would not properly start if token data was corrupted locally
- fixed a bug that could cause files to be deleted while moving the sync folder
- fixed a bug causing errors during setup for devices with the same name but different case
- fixed a bug where the login dialog could incorrectly start during the setup wizard
- fixed a bug in the reconnect logic causing the client to appear online while it was actually offline
- fixed a crash during sync pause/stop
- added login using default browser to the setup wizard
- changed link colors in the ui
- windows: Added a “use windows desktop scaling” toggle
- osx: Jottacloud no longer moves itself to the top of the finder side bar every restart
- osx: The main ui now opens when accessed from the tray when minimized
- osx: Fixed a bug sometimes causing Jottacloud to use excessive cpu when idle
- osx: Fixed a bug sometimes causing Jottacloud to not notice that the local sync root disappeared
- Fixed a bug sometimes causing Jottacloud to get stuck in “Starting” mode
- Fixed a few UX issues in the setup wizard
- Fixed a bug where an rpc timeout could cause sync to get stuck
- Fixed a crash on initial sync
- Fixed a crash in the uploader
- Fixed a bug causing manuall downloads to sometimes not continue after a Jottacloud restart
- Fixed a sync race condition that could cause out of order execution of events
- Disabled share link under trash
- Moved setup to its own executable
- Enabled scaling on windows again
- Added unicode \u2028 to rewrite list for sync
- Fixed a bug causing download issues on osx for files with names approaching NAME_MAX
- Fixed a bug causing buttons in certain dialogs not to work
- Fixed a bug causing jottacloud on osx to require a dedicated cpu
- Fixed a bug causing a black screen during the setup wizard on windows due to opengl driver incompatabilities
- Fixed a crash when launching the setup wizard on windows due to opengl driver incompatabilities
- Fixed a crash during uploading
- Fixed several bugs.
- Changed auth to use openid
- Added the ability to move sync folder
- Added the ability to enable/disable sync
- Improved setup wizard
- Windows 10: Added sync folder to quick access
- Fixed several bugs
- Fixed a bug that could cause the client to leave shared folders
- Several smaller bugfixes
- Several minor bugfixes
- Translation updates
- Fixed several bugs
- Improved upload performance
- Minor bugfixes
- Fixed a crash that was connected to upload of data
- Fixed a crash introduced in version 18.104.22.1681
- Fixed a crash
- Fixed a bug that could cause uploads to timeout
- Email is now displayed in the UI instead of the username
- Fixed an issue that could cause the client to not process remote sync events
- Fixed an issue that could cause the client to not process local filesystem events
- Fixed an issue where files encoded with unicode normalization form d would not be successfully uploaded on windows
- Fixed an issue where the client could get stuck on initializing after completing setup
- Fixed an issue where the client would not join shared folders until restart/reconnect of client
- Updated a few translations
- Fixed a few smaller bugs
- Fixed a regression bug preventing backup of filenames with certain unicode encodings.
- Removed Latest and Links from Restore tab.
- Added Photos to Restore tab.
- Changed default permissions for sync folder. Not retroactive.
- Improved a few translations.
- Improved conflicted file naming.
- Fixed a false positive conflict.
- Fixed an issue where the client would not reconnect its websocket properly.
- Fixed an issue where the tray's help submenu could become corrupted.
- Fixed an issue where the checksum thread could get stuck in infinite retry loop.
- Fixed a crash related to upload error retries.
- Fixed a crash related to bad timing of scan thread start/stop messages.
- Fixed an issue that could cause synchronisation of files from windows clients to fail
- Fixes an issue where the client would incorrectly report "No more space on harddrive" when downloading files
- Added a UI for synchronisation errors
- Handle and rewrite path/file names with unsupported names and characters in synchronisation folder
- Fixed an issue where sync could get stuck downloading the same invalid revision of a file
- Fixed a crash
- Added photos notifications
- Fixed an issue where the client would not receive notifications from the server even if connected
- Fixed a few incorrect translations
- Prepared app for two factor authentication
- New icons!
- Fixed a crash.
- Improved error handling during upload.
- Files sizes display based on 1024 and not 1000 again.
- Improved high dpi support on windows.
- Fixed an issue downloading files with very long file paths
- Improved handling of locked accounts
- Fixed an issue preventing synchronisation
- Updated and improved clientside logging
- Improved handling of ID's in the upload database
- Fixed an issue preventing the re-authentication dialog from displaying on startup.
- Fixed a crash
- Fixed a memory leak
- Changed MiB to MB etc. when displaying file size.
- Added validation of proxy settings
- Support login with phone number
- Support download of files with a filepath above 256 characters
- Improve startup speed and run maintenance while idle
- Fixed a few incorrect translationsFixed a bug on windows where a drive added to backup (eg. X: ) could show incorrect updated status
- Fixed an issue causing setup to get stuck displaying an "unauthorized" message
- Fixed a reconnect issue
- Added a logo to the logindialog
- Added a few missing translations
- Fixed an authentication issue affecting some users.
- Fixes an issue where the client would not receive remote sync events if the user loggen in using email as opposed to logging in with username.
- Fixes and issue where starting a download of more than one file would only download the first file in the list.
- Fixes a bug causing the client to get stuck while finishing an upload and not able to reconnect if disconnected later.
- Fixed a crash if starting as paused
- Fixed an issue where the app would not reconnect properly
- Fixed a backup issue on windows where files with names encoded with unicode normalization form d were skipped
- Fixed an issue where the client would not properly reconnect after network disruption
- Fixed an issue where files moved into the synchronization folder would not be uploaded until a restart/reconnect
- Fixed a crash
- Fixed a few translations
- Fixes a bug introduced in versjon 22.214.171.1249 that could prevent synchronization from completing
- The app now uses the built-in OSX and windows desktop notifications.
- Cleaned up desktop notification texts.
- Improved backup of files that change frequently.
- Fixed an issue causing the app to not properly stop or reconnect during network disruptions.
- Fixed an issue on windows where a remote rename of a folder could cause the files in the folder to disappear.
- Improved upload handling of folders copied into the sync folder.
- Fixed an issue where files and folders occasionally were uploaded using the windows short name format
- Fixed an issue downloading files from trash
- Fixed an issue with handling of locked files on windows
- Fixed an issue on windows where folders occasionally were created with incorrect encoding
- Corrected some norwegian and danish translations
- Fixed a bug causing the client to get stuck in maintanence mode during startup
- Fixed a bug on osx preventing sync-folder location change during setup
- Fixed a bug causing upload-timeout errors to be hidden and not auto retried until the next session
- Added support for osx dark mode
- Fixed a bug causing conflicted files for some windows shortcuts
- Fixed a bug where the uploader could get stuck and the ui would incorrectly report 'Up to date'
- Fixed a bug where the client could get stuck in 'pausing' mode
- Fixed a bug that in some instances could cause files to be deleted, when they should not be.
- Fixed a few translations
- Fixed a bug where a file could get deleted incorrectly
- Fixed a few minor bugs
- Fixed a bug that in some cases could prevent synchronization from completing
- Fixed a few other minor bugs
- Fixed a bug causing the client to incorrectly think it had completed backup
- Fixed a bug preventing the client ui to display if prompted by a different instance of the client
- Fixed a bug making it possible to add C:\ to backup. It is still not advisable, but it is now possible
- Fixed a bug on windows following symlinks from mounted hfs(osx) drives
- Fixed a bug on osx occasionally causing the ui to take a very long time to display
- Reduced cpu usage when idle.
- Fixed a bug where the client would not remember all mountpoints set after upgrading from 126.96.36.199
- Fixed a memory leak
- Fixed a few translations
- Removed a settings checkbox added by accident in the previous version
- Added support for thumbnails of additional picture formats
- Fixes a few translations
- Fixes a bug related to shortcuts on Windows
- Fixes a bug where .jottaclouddownload files would remain in the case of download errors
- Fixes a bug where the client would not remember excludes set after upgrading from 188.8.131.52
- Fixes several other minor bugs
- Fixed a performance issue when downloading large amounts of files
- Fixed a crash that could occur when starting a download of large amounts of files
- Fixed a bug when selecting files for download
- Fixed a bug causing excessive cpu usage while idle
- Fixed a bug hiding network folders in the exclude ui
- Fixed a bug when using scheduled backup that could cause backup to fail
- Fixed a bug causing problems for .lnk files in the sync folder on windows
- Fixed a bug causing network mountpoints to be added incorrectly to backup
- Fixed a bug that could cause leftover .jottacloudownload files in the sync folder
- Improved Windows 10 support for the installer program
- Fixes an issue preventing backup of full harddrives on windows
- Fixes an issue preventing backup of folders above the synchronization folder
- Right click any folder on windows to add to backup
- Overlay icon shows what folders and files have been backed up
- Support for Retina screens on Mac OS X
- Autoupdate downloads new version and tells you when it is ready to install
- Updates will autoinstall on Mac OS X
- Exclude individual files, not just folders
- Crash Reporter for easy sending debug information to Jottacloud Support
- General performance and stability improvements
- Minor GUI improvements
- Excluded Thumbnails and Previews folder for iphoto and photos
- Retired support for OS X 10.5 and 10.6
- Retired support for PPC based Mac's
- Minor bugfixes
- Fixes a bug that could cause files to be needlessly reuploaded
- Fixes a bug that could cause incorrect error messages when adding folders to backup
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
- Performance improvement. Uses less CPU when uploading files
- Stability improvement. Fixes a crash on Windows.
- Fixes a program crash and improves general stability of the application.
- Fixes a program crash when the computer is returning from sleep mode.
- Fixes several crashes.
- Fixes a problem that prevented the client from starting properly.
- Fixes an installer problem on Windows 8.1.
- Fixes a problem where some synchronization events could be ignored.
- Added missing ssl authority certificate certificates. The client should now function properly on older Operating Systems.
- Fixes a crash when the client was uploading and the account was locked.
- Fixes a bug that could prevent the client from starting up properly.
- Fixes a bug where adding a samba share on osx would fail for an incorrect reason on a few versions of osx.
- Fixes a bug where a backup-file would not be put in the trashcan the server if deleted locally. This would also cause renames to not complete by not deleting the old file.
- Fixes a bug where changing the case of a folder name would delete the folder instead.
- Fixed a bug where saving an office document could lead to the file being deleted.
- Fixed a bug where one could only add a single NAS to backup even if they were from the same host.
- Fixed a bug where a file could get deleted incorrectly.
- The start download button is now disabled when selecting a computer in the restore tab.
- The system tray is now reporting upload and download byte counts correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the client would not connect properly.
- Fixed a bug where a file in the sync folder deleted during upload could be re-downloaded to the computer.
- Fixed a bug where sync would not always restart working after a pause / resume.
- Fixed a bug where a file could be stuck in the upload queue with "waiting for other" as the status.
- Fixed a problem with reconnecting after Pause.
- Fixed an authentication problem.
- Fixed a problem with local file changes during pause not being synced after resume.
- Fix a problem during setup.
- Corrected some windows icons.
- Fixes a problem in the upgrade wizard.
- Fixes an upgrade issue from version 2.3
- Added Czech language.
- Added Hungarian language.
- Fixed a connectivity issue that would prevent the client from reconnecting to the network.
- Fixed a usability issue on the login screen.
- Fixed a problem creating devices for some users.
- Fixed a problem with encoding of non-ascii characteres an the auth header.
- Fixed a problem with how the client authenticates with the server.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent proper modification date from being set on windows machines.
- The setup wizard window is now brought to front when clicking settings during setup. If the setup wizard window is already active, the settings window is opened.
- One can no longer add folders to backup before the setup wizard has completed.
- Improved desktop notifications.
- Fixed an issue where downloading 0 byte versions of files where N bytes previous version existed would cause a conflict.
- Fixed an issue where sharing a folder with non-ascii characters would not work.
- Fixed an issue where files in the jottacloud folder could get stuck at a particular version.
- Fixed an issue where the client would not always reconnect properly after a disconnect.
- Fixed an issue where the client would create conflicted versions of files when there was no conflict.
- Fixed an issue where one could not login on the client with a username shorter then 6 charachters.
- Fixed an issue where the client would not reconnect properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the client to stop uploading after disconnecting.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the progress counters to display incorrect numbers.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while uploading.
- Restructured parts of the system tray menu.
- Fixed an issue where a file in the upload queue that was deleted before the upload started would cause the uploadqueue to hang.
- Fixed an issue where a server request would not timeout properly when disconnected that would cause synching to hang.
- Fixed an issue where the system tray icon would display 'Updated' while it was actually working.
- Improved error handling.
- Fixed a problem where a download could hang indefinitely.
- Fixed a problem with filenames illegal on windows but legal on osx.
- Fixed a problem with file and folder names with characters in them that are illegal on windows but legal on osx.
- Fixed a crash on osx.
- Fixed a problem where conflicted file resolution would fail.
- Fixed a problem where the client would allow the computer to sleep while up or downloading.
- Fixed a problem where the client would not receive changes from the filesystem, effectivly stopping sync.
- Fixed a problem where the client would not respond properly to authentication errors.
- Fixed a problem where the client would not always download the latest versjon of a file from the server if it was disconnected during a download of a previous version.
- Fixed a problem where the upload rate would be displayed as 0 no matter what the real rate was.
- Fixed a problem with filepaths containing umlauts in decomposed utf-8 form.
- Fixed a problem with file encoding that could potentially lead to the file being deleted locally.
- The sync folder now must reside on an internal drive.
- Fixed a problem that would potentially delete local files in the sync folder.
- Fixed a crash on startup.
- Fixed a crash on adding a network mountpoint.
- Fixed a problem that would move entire sync folder content to trash.
- New major release.
- Added synchronization features. The sync folder will automatically synchronize to all your computers.
- Share folders. collaborate in folders with friends.
- Fixes a problem with translations
- Fixes a problem where the client falsely thinks the password has been reset.
- Fixes an issue where a mobile device was counted as a desktop computer in the setup wizard. This could stop you from creating a new desktop computer in the setup wizard even if your account should have allowed it.
- Fixed a bug where a warning dialog explaining that the account had been locked could be displayed by mistake after running the setup wizard.
- Fixing a problem when downloading a specific file revision.
- Fixing a problem that could cause the download queue to hang.
- Windows 8 upgrade compability.
- Fixing a problem with download / restore files.
- Fixing a CPU-leakage that would cause the client to consume one whole CPU core.
- New menu design.
- Added Recently uploaded files when browsing your account under the Restore tab.
- Added Public shared files when browsing your account under the Restore tab.
- Added Trash Can when browsing your account under the Restore tab.
- Fixed a problem where the application would sometimes log a false error message for a successfully downloaded file.
- Fixed a crash in the setup wizard.
- Fixed a problem with resetting the app settings on OS X.
- Fixed a problem on windows where the client would not reconnect properly after windows resumed from standby-mode.
- Fixed a problem that would prevent the client to start on Mac OS X 10.8.
- Fixed a crash when right-clicking a folder in the folder list.
- Fixed a problem that triggered a false corrupt file message at download.
- Added better error handling for file downloads.
- Fixed a problem when downloading multiple folders.
- Fixed a problem that could cause some file changes not to upload until next restart of the client.
- Fixed a GUI counting problem.
- Fixed a memory leak in the OS X client.
- Fixed the "spinning forever" bug we thought we fixed in 115.
- Added date stamp to log file.
- Fixed "spinning forever" bug.
- Fixed a database issue.
- Filesystem events during startup scan are now detected.
- Fixed a potential crash.
- Fixed an issue with the upload queue.
- Fixed a local database problem.
- Fixed a problem where the client would not skip uploading files that already exist on the server.
- The pause/resume button now correctly says "resume" when the client is paused.
- Fixed a problem that could lead to a crash when adding folders to backup.
- Fixed a problem where some locked files on windows would not be properly uploaded due to case sensitivity in filename extensions.
- Improved download handling.
- Fixed a counting issue when uploading files.
- Fixed a crash on OS X.
- Fixed a bug where adding network folders to backup could be rejected incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where very similar exclusions could trigger incorrect matches.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when folders that were disconnected at client launch were reconnected.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the client to display the changed password dialog.
- Fixed a bug that could cause scanning not to start after client launch.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the client to fail when logging in with the wrong username or password.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the upload queue count to display incorrect numbers.
- Fixed an application crash on OS X.
- Fixes a bug that could cause a crash when adding network folders.
- Fixes a bug that could cause two network folders from the same host not be be recognized as from the same host.
- Fixes a bug that caused the "Run at Startup" setting to be set incorrectly when upgrading from a 32bit to a 64bit client.
- Fixed a problem preventing thumbnails from displaying correctly.
- Fixed a problem where deleted files was not reflected in GUI.
- Added NTUSER.DAT* files on Windows to list of excluded files.
- Added $Recycle.Bin on Windows to list of excluded folders.
- Added support for thumbnails of photos i lists.
- Added support for viewing photos in the client.
- Redid the Download GUI.
- Fixes a bug where network folders were not being scanned.
- Fixes a bug where double-clicking on a backup-folder from the client would not open in Explorer / Finder.
- Fixes a bug where desktop notifications would display regardless of settings.
- Fixed crashes
- Fixed a problem wher the client would display incorrect ammount of data transferred.
- Added command line arguments at startup.
- Fixes a problem with creating mount point.
- Fixed a translation issue.
- Addes German and Dutch language support.
- Fixes a crash when excludig files.
- Fixes a crash when adding folders.
- Fixes a crash in the volume shadow copy service
- Fixes a crash when adding multiple folders to backup at the same time
- Fixes a crash when adding multiple folders to backup at the same time.
- Copying of locked files is now restricted to the following types: .pst .db .log .ndf .mdf
- Fixes a bug that could cause uploads to not start
- Network folders are no longer sometimes listed twice in the exclude gui when a file is deleted after it has been discovered for the first time and queued for upload it is no longer reported as an error when the uploader cannot find the file and start uploading.
- Fixes a bug that could crash the client when deleting a folder from backup.
- Fixes a bug that could cause downloads not to start properly.
- Fixes a bug that could crash the client when selecting very many files for download.
- Fixed a bug that caused downloads to not properly resume on restart.
- Fixes a bug where folders that normally would be excluded were not properly displayed in the exclude gui.
- When a folder is added to backup, but a parent folder is excluded a warning is now displayed.
- Some translation changes.
- Optimized processing events from the file system.
- Added support for Scheduled Backup.
- Added possibility to get public URL to files.
- Added support for backing up locked files on Windows with Volume Shadow Copy.
- The installer will now install native 32 and 64 bit support on Windows.
- cleaned up minor details in the GUI such as centering the window when opening the client.
- Added possibility to restore to a folder in the backup list
- Added possibility to restore a folderstructure or file if it exists locally.
- Fixed a problem that prevented a backed up folder to be deleted on windows platforms.
- Fixed a problem that would cause exessive CPU usage.
- Cleaned up some UI quirks.
- Added missing mime-type icons in the download GUI.
- Added Finnish language support.
- Improved the visibility of the App bundle name in the mounted DMG file.