Follow these steps to successfully install our desktop-program on macOS!
1. Open up your preferred web-browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Vivaldi etc.).
2. Then open our homepage: jottacloud.com (see image below):
3. Press the "Download the app" button to get to the next window:
4. Press "MACOS" in order to download the program for macOS.
5. The file will start to download, and be saved in "Downloads" locally.
6. When the download is finished, either press the arrow on the downloaded file in the browser and choose "Open" or navigate to the "Downloads" folder and open the file from there:
7. When the download is complete, this window will show:
Move the Jottacloud icon in to the "Applications" folder as the window states.
8. Then open the Jottacloud program from the "Applications" folder.
9. Upon opening the program, you'll see this window:
10. Press "Get started" and log in:
11. After logging in, you'll see the next window. Make sure you read the information and press "Got it" in order to progress:
12. In the next window, you can already choose some folders to back up. You also have the choice to edit your device-name (must be more than 4 letters):
13. Upon pressing "Next", read the information and press "Got it" to progress:
15. After pressing "Start", you'll see the program-hub. You'll have full overview of all folders in backup from this unit in the "Backup" tab. Under "Transfers" you can see which files are being uploaded/downloaded, and under "Restore" you can navigate and restore any file or folder from your Jottacloud account: